One of the best things about essential oils is that you can take them anywhere! Whether you’re flying or driving to your destination, we’ve got you covered with our favorite travel essentials.
A common question when it comes to traveling with essential oils is if you can bring oils with you on the plane. The answer is most definitely yes you can bring oils with you on the plane.
Carry On: Many people often worry about how they’re going to get their oils on an airplane. Well worry no more: you are allowed to bring a quart sized bag of liquids in your carry-on bag! These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces or less per item. Essential oil bottles are 5/15 ml so as many small <3.4 oz liquids that fit in your carry on you can bring!
Note: It is rare, but TSA does have the right to open your liquids. So if traveling with unopened bottles note they can ask you to open them all. It is rare that they do ask this, but it is known to happen.
Check In Luggage: You can definitely put your oils and personal care items in your carry on luggage. When you put them in your check in luggage you can bring as many as you'd like! Just make sure each bottle is twisted on tightly so it's secure. For any personal care items, like shampoo, we suggest individually zip locking these in case they open up due to altitude pressure.
So pack your most wanted or needed essential oils in your carry on and if you’re anything like us and like to travel with your entire supply, you can toss the rest of them in your checked bag.
What if you could only choose 5 essential oils to bring with you on your travels, what would they be?
Here’s our top 5:
- Immune Blends, Wild Orange, Clove, Tea Tree Essential Oil – because of the obvious… no one wants to be under the weather while traveling!
- Peppermint Essential Oil – head tension, stomach discomfort, excessive sun exposure, motion sickness… you name it!
- Lavender – mix it with peppermint to calm and cool your skin after excessive sun exposure or use it by itself to help you with a good night’s rest.
- Orange Essential Oil – oh the possibilities! Freshen the air, mix it with peppermint to uplift mood and energy, or use it with lavender or alone to help calm your nerves!
- Lemon Essential Oil – mood booster, hand cleansing sprays, mix it with lavender and peppermint during seasonal discomfort season, or put a few drops in your water to stay hydrated on-the-go.
Some extra’s to remember:
- Carrying case – from keychains to train cases and all sizes between
- Diffuser – for your car or room, depending on your stay
- Fractionated Coconut Oil for diluting essential oils
Happy Traveling 😊 😊 😊